ViewNodeId Errors

May 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Edited May 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM
I'm getting this error coming from the StandardStyles.xaml file.

"The attachable property 'ViewNodeId' was not found in type 'DependencyObject'. "

It appears when I add the SettingsBackButtonStyle to the Generic.xaml in my project.
May 13, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Hi,

I could not find a ViewNodeId attachable property in the Adventure Works Reference Implementation sample, so I assume this is a property you defined.
If that it so, it would be helpful if you could provide us with more information about how you are defining the property and how it's related to the styles you are mentioning.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your scenario.

Thanks,

Damian Cherubini
http://blogs.southworks.net/dcherubini
May 13, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Thanks for reply. This is a weird one as my AW example does this too. Both apps show this error, but will compile and run. I also noticed the Back Button ( arrow ) image will go away in my design UI, but will show when running the app. If I close and reopen VS and the app, the error ( along with the swiggly blue line under the XAML in StandardStyles ) will go away. After a period of time it will begin again. I'm not sure how to reproduce, but will let you know if I see a pattern.

Thanks
May 27, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Looks like others have the same problem. Not related to Prism, but similar.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winappswithcsharp/thread/ff44b354-62e0-469d-b8c5-65bc805a48d0
Jun 28, 2013 at 12:18 PM
I have the exact same issue. Both in my own app and in the Adventureworks Shopper sample.
Jun 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM
I believe it is a bug with Visual Studio. If you close VS and reopen your project, it should go away... until you do whatever it is that causes it to occur again. I have not figured out the pattern yet, but appears to be when working with styles.
Jul 3, 2013 at 9:02 AM
Whenever I start the debugger it occurs after that. Restarting the IDE after every debug session doesn't seem all that attractive.