Hub control

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:11 PM
I couldn't get the hub control to work on a prism page view. (I'm new to this so may be doing something wrong). I had a look in the adventureworks project and the CheckoutHubPage, which I understand is the guidance pattern, doesn't use the hub control, but builds it up out of a scrollviewer and grid.

Can I create a prism page with a hub control, or must I use the CheckoutHubPage as the approach?
Feb 14, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Hi simonmunro,

I believe you have got confused about the CheckoutHubPage as it doesn't refer to the Hub control. Instead, CheckoutHubPage refers to a hub service which it groups and manages every information (as a Hub would do) related to the Chekout action.

The AdventureWorksShopper RI does not implement the Hub control. As far as I know, its main Page was intended to show a delimited space with a summary preview of the complete information of each group.

Therefore, you should not use AdventureWorksShopper as a reference for implementing a Hub page. If you describe the problem you are issuing or may be share with us a sample of your solution, we could help you solve you problem.

Regards.
Gabriel Ostrowsky.
https://blogs.southworks.net/gostrowsky
Feb 14, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Simonmuro,

When we updated the guidance for Windows 8.1 we did not have the time to convert our hub pages such as CheckoutHubPage to the new hub control. We plan to create a spike to show how to make it work. I'll let you know when we post something to this site.

Gabriel's question about identifying specific issues would be helpful.

blaine