App stops responding after task switch

May 28, 2014 at 6:18 AM
In my last two WinRT XAML apps (very different UIs), after switching to another app and back to my own, my app becomes unresponsive to clicks and touch, though hovering does change the mouse appearance for instance over a hyperlink.

It happens in production (downloaded via the Store) or in debug.

Is this a bug in Prism? What in the world could be happening?
May 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM
Hi,

I am afraid there is no much information on your problem description. It would be helpful if you could explain how the Pages are Suspending and Resuming.
Take into account that when switching to another app, the Suspend event is fired which performs a Navigation away from the current Active Page. Then, when you switch back to the App, the Resume event fires and it would Navigate again to the previous suspended Active Page.

Therefore, I suggest you to verify the OnNavigatedTo() and OnNavigatedFrom() methods of the Suspended Page so that Navigation would not perform any undesired tasks on Suspension. Notice also, that you can differentiate Suspending from common Navigation on the OnNavigatedFrom() method by receiving a Suspending boolean flag.

You can find more information in the following Prism for Windows Runtime documentation:
I hope this helped you,
Regards.

Gabriel Ostrowsky
https://blogs.southworks.net/gostrowsky
May 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Edited May 28, 2014 at 5:53 PM
I'm not doing anything in OnNavigatedFrom(), either in this or my previous app. OnNavigatedTo() just saves some things in session state. I just got the Prism source and I'm going to debug that.

Thanks for your response, Gabriel.
Jun 1, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Was something else entirely unrelated to suspend or Prism. Thanks Gabriel.