Prism Converged SettingsFlyout

Aug 25, 2014 at 3:39 PM
How do I open a SettingsFlyout from my viewmodel? Is there an easy way to achieve this (of course only for Win81) or do I need to work in the code behind?

My problem is that I need to open a settingsflyout from a button click inside a ControlTemplate and thus I do not have any code behind...
Aug 25, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Can you describe the scenario that you want to implement?

AdventureWorks Shopper calls controls on pages that are called from the app and from the Settings Charm. An example of this is the SignInFlyout which is called from ShoppingCartPageViewModel and is also called by the Login Settings Charm by the operating system. Is this what you are asking about?

The settings charms are setup in app.xaml.cs by overriding the GetSettingsCommands method.
Aug 26, 2014 at 12:10 PM
The SignInFlyout isn't called from the ShoppingCartPageViewModel. The ShoppingCartPage uses another UserControl which isn't reused in the SignInFlyout, so what do you mean with that?

My question: Can I open a SettingsFlyout from my viewmodel (without EventAggregation, I look for an interface like the INavigationService or another way)?