Could not find Windows Runtime type 'Windows.foundation'

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2015 at 11:46 AM
Hi all,

At the moment I am working on a Windows Phone app - that is part of a Universal App Solution (not really, because I use VB.Net and the Universal App does not exist there, but I do have a Portable library for the shared code and the Viewmodels) I run into a weird message:
Could not find Windows Runtime type 'Windows.foundation'
The particular part of the code is meant to navigate, based on a user choice, to a new page. Here's a snippet:
       Private Function HandleUserChoice(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal parameter As Object) As Object Implements IAction.Execute
            Try
                Dim MyPageType As Type
                Dim frame = FrameUtilities.GetFrame(TryCast(sender, DependencyObject))

Dim Item = DirectCast(parameter, ItemClickEventArgs)
                Dim PageChosen = String.Format("MySolution.Mobile.Views.{0}Page", Item.ClickedItem.UniqueId)
                MyPageType = Type.GetType(PageChosen)

Return frame.Navigate(MyPageType)

End Function
Now when I run this part of the code (I have omitted the error trap routine here for simplicity) it runs into an error on the statement Return frame.Navigate(myPageType) with the message that is in the subject of this issue.

Stepping through the code, I can tell that it is all Prism code that runs before the statement falls in the error.
I have no clue what is going on here.

Based on the exact same approach the Store app runs perfectly.

Any ideas?