Any plans to involve WinJS apps in the mix?

Mar 12, 2013 at 3:16 PM
It seems that all this code is based on C#/XAML. Are there any places to provide guidance for WinJS apps?
Coordinator
Mar 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM
The Hilo JavaScript Project demonstrates using the Model View Presenter (MVP) pattern with Windows 8.

Are there other capabilities in Kona that you are interested in using with WinJS?

Blaine
Apr 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Well, again, it's yet another demo that's media-oriented.

Most apps aren't exciting and based on images and movies and shopping.

I've been digging in and learning a lot, but it's really the design guidelines for the most part that seem very non-LOB appropriate
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM
By design guidelines, I assume you mean design guidelines? If that it is the case, you can use the Hilo JS code base to understand how to implement
  • patterns such as MVP and query builder
  • unit testing
  • Windows features: navigation; suspend, resume, and terminate; snap; tile...
You can look at the AdventureWorks Shopper app to understand the UX for validation, login and so on.

Does this make sense?

blaine
Apr 19, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I mean UX guidelines. Business apps don't generally have need/desire for large images and thumbnail - like displays of data.

I have yet to see UX guidelines come out that is not based on photos or other largely media based things like shopping.

Think about things like a financial application. Maybe a call center application for a financial company with lots of hierarchical data like Customer -> Account -> Stock Purchase, etc.

Make sense?