Views and ViewModels in different sets of dlls

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:13 AM
Hi,

I have messing with this pre release of Unity and Prism and I have had some blockers. One of them is the fact I need to have my Views and ViewModels all in the same dll, or views in one dll and the ViewModels in another.

However I have the need to have multiple dlls and each of them need to have their own set of Views and VIewModels. Like modules. Is there a way to do this currently? I have not currently managed to achieve this...

If yes can you provide some guidance in how to do so? I am keen to get this to work.

Many thanks
Seb
Sep 15, 2014 at 8:45 AM
Anyone?
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:41 AM
Sep 15, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Edited Sep 15, 2014 at 10:35 AM
These are static methods (AutoWireViewModelChanged, SetDefaultViewTypeToViewModelTypeResolver) so if you defined them they are common to the whole project. So my understanding is that they only helps if all your views and viewmodels dll or if the all the views live in one dll and all the viewmodels live in another. However if you have multiple sets of dlls which all have their own views and viewmodels then how do you tell the system the different locations of your views and viewmodels?

app
-references
-dll1
-dll2

dll1
-views
-viewmodels

dll2
-views
-viewmodels

Thanks
Seb