Why Prism.StoreApp lib on Nuget requires Prism.Mvvm, but the latest version in here doesn't?

Feb 15, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Why Prism.StoreApp lib on Nuget requires Prism.Mvvm, but the latest version in here doesn't?
Which is the most recently version?
Feb 15, 2015 at 9:21 PM
The NuGet has the latest version, which should be labeled 2.0. The code here has three copies of the StoreApp lib - the original 8.0 version, that same version ported to 8.1, and then the "converged" version, which is the latest that is designed to allow use in Universal apps. The latter is the one the nuget is based on.
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:17 AM
Edited Feb 19, 2015 at 9:18 AM
IMHO it is a bit confusing now. What I see in a Phone project (is part of Universal) is that I have to make references to two (installed from NuGet) libraries. Is that correct?

In order to be able to compile without errors I have to set references like so:
<prism:VisualStateAwarePage
    xmlns:prism="using:Microsoft.Practices.Prism.StoreApps"
    xmlns:mvvm="using:Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Mvvm"
    mvvm:ViewModelLocator.AutoWireViewModel="True"
This seemed to be the only option to get it running, but I can't find this in the AW referencedocumentation. What documentation did I overlook?? Is this a correct approach?
Earlier in the "Store-only" version I had to set just the reference to StoreApps, not to Mvvm.

Regards
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:53 AM
Just after my prior post, I stumbled upon this excellent explanation on how, why and what in the new versions.
I thought it would be nice to share this.